View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 03:45 AM
beebopbogo
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2005

What's Dynamic?

The Dominican: Why the move back to US carriers? Worse pay and starting at the bottom of the seniority list. Do they miss CASS privileges?

I'm pretty happy where I am, schedule wise, but the pay doesn't come close to letting me afford a house in base. Maybe after I upgrade in 7 to 10 years.

I was thinking about shipping overseas to build up a good $500,000 down payment and return after the contract ends. If US hiring has slowed by that time, maybe extend the contract to kill time, hopefully upgrading at ANA in the mean time. The big risk is, of course, missing this US hiring craze and the associated seniority.

Is the money at ANA worth it? What is life like while working? Living at home with 12 days off in a row, business class back and forth doesn't sound too bad! Especially if upgrades occur within 5 years. And what are the chances of the contract not extending and getting beached?

I'm reluctant to make a change at this point, but if someone would like to try to convince me to leave for ANA, please try! The knowledge would be appreciated.