Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 11:50 PM
socalownthesky7
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by Rockies Pilot View Post
It just depends. I know some people that were in my training class got 2 phone interviews the same day, and some people had a week between interviews. As far as working for the company I don't know too many people that really think "morale is down". Personally I have been working here for just a couple months now and absolutely love it! Honestly best job I have ever had. but I a, coming from a crappy 91 gig. As far as job and workload as a FO it really isn't that difficult. Typical first officer duties are show up 45mins prior to departure, run a couple checklist before start, lock up bags in the back, check refreshments, pick up clearance, and get the weather information. What people complain about the most are the CDO's and scheduling. Others complain about workload but it's just typical 135 flying. If u just wanted to show up and sign off on a flight plan and put everything into an FMS then go work for the regionals. Bc honestly ur only talking about 20 mins of work to get the plane ready for the PAX at the most. If ur somebody around 500hrs this is honestly the best gig out there and I was so happy when I got hired. Being Denver based kinda sucks bc of the cost of living but the experience you gain is so worth it bc every leg I fly I'm logging XC, TurboProp, IMC, and usually night as well. That's way better than logging useless Day VFR time in a c150 or piper archer. Ohh and the Pilatus is such a great and versatile aircraft very easy to transition to if you haven't flown anything other than trainers, and it is honestly the best plane for the 135 EAS routes. If anyone has any questions or curious about anything feel free to PM me I would be more than willing to answer any questions.
Thanks a lot Rockie pilot,