Thread: Xojet
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 07:51 AM
MOGuy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013
Position: CRJ200; FO

Originally Posted by TurboDog View Post
You are correct that there are some satisfied pilots at XOJET. However, people are leaving for the airlines. XOJET can't compete when it comes to pay and retirement, so if you are young it's merely a stepping stone.

They do only hire FO's. Upgrade on the X is right around 1 year and just over 2 years on the Challenger. There is talk about increasing the pay for FOs next year.

All pilots are home based and airline out on day 1 and home on day 8. Lots of the Florida and California pilots sometimes end up driving a rental to work to start a rotation. Maybe one out of 6 trips, sometimes more. Honestly the transition days (1 and 8) are the worst part of the job. Those days can and do often exceed 14 hours with day 8 getting you home pretty late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A small addition. You have zero say in which airframe you are placed in. This has been a little bit of frustration for myself because I'm seeing pilots from just under my seniority level to way junior to me upgrade before I do on the X (I'm on 300). It's not like other companies (NJ or FLEX, or airlines) where you can upgrade into an airframe you've never flown before. I think this may be, and should be, one reason for them looking to increase FO pay and I'm hoping it's fairly substantial.

All in all not the worst place to hang for a while IMO.