View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 03:19 PM
BeatNavy
Covfefe

Joined APC: Jun 2015

Originally Posted by BunkerF16 View Post
Simply amazed at the inferiority complex of the 190 guys. At no point did I suggest we shouldn't pay the 190 appropriately.....as for the 321, DL pays a $10 override. Are you suggesting we should suppress the pay on the 320/321 so the 190 guys don't get their panties any more tied until then you already have yours? Let's see how this plays out. I hope the 190 gets paid north of DL 717 and the Bus gets $300 hr.....

All I'm saying is, don't count on it.....if not, you can assess if your seniority still and QOL still supercedes the increased pay the Bus will provide.

Jesus.....some of you guys need a Tony Robbins seminar to help with your self esteem problems.....
I think the opposite of what you are saying is true with respect to inferiority complex when equating bigger planes to bigger paychecks.

Who said suppress any pay? I think if anything I've advocated hard for increasing all pay using the latest ratified major TA as a comp. I'm using your logic about the disparity between 190/320 pay (and the likely future greater disparity) to show you how our 320/321 same pay doesn't make sense. Delta proved you can get good pay rates, even for small airplanes. $10 an hour difference across the board for cs100/320/321 is about what they have. That's a much smaller margin percentage wise than our likely future if there is no real bump to 190 pay and the 320 gets 20%. We will likely be looking at a 20-30% pay difference, up from our already too high 10% difference.

If I was #1 in the company, and I liked the schedule of the 190 better, I would want to fly the 190 if pay was not a consideration. The only thing most of us care about in this industry is pay and time off. And the size of the airplane shouldn't affect that. Seniority and longevity should affect it. And there are zero good arguments to counter that. Tell me some more other than "That's how it's always been. Bigger is better. More people. More revenue. More profit. ALPA/NMB say so." Or explain how any of those are valid. Or explain how wanting and justifying equal pay raises for 1/4th of the pilot group demonstrates inferiority complex. So far, you haven't been able to. Remember how those F15 and B1 drivers made more than you viper guys in their bigger planes? I don't either.