View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 05:52 PM
aewanabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Blue fifi flogger

Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
Are you sure your name is not Burt.
You seem to have the same type of attitude.

Are we talking 90% between us and Delta?
I was talking about between the 2 aircraft types.

I thought you were saying you would be fine with 90% between the 2 vs the 10% we have now. Sorry it was a mistake. But between u and F-16 guy these types of attitudes really don't help. I guess a civil discussion is no longer possible.

Let me ask you since f16 wouldn't answer.
If they come back and the payrates between the two aircraft are more than 30% is that a yes vote from you? How about 40 or 50?

What do you want to see happen?
Joe, you're getting way too defensive here. Bunker is not saying he wants a lower 190 differential, but is saying you ought to read the tea leaves that our own MEC is putting out. With DL's new TA and the fact they are getting CS100s, we should absolutely be using that in our contract comparison. But at this point we aren't. It might be worthwhile to share your thoughts on that with the NC.

A little blewjet history: the first four years the E190 was on property it paid nowhere near 90 percent of 320 rates. When I was hired in 2007, the company had just reduced 320 first year pay to 47/hr, and brought 190 first year up to 47/hr from 36 the year before! Second year 190FO pay was 50/hr, where second year 320 was 57... 190 FO TOS was only 60/hr in year 12, and while I don't have the CA rates at the time memorized TOS was just LESS than 100/hr.... about 66% of 320 TOS at the time. Similarly, FO rates on both jets did not equal 69% of equivalent CA rates.

The 90/69 differential didn't come into play until PCRB2, and as the company was staving off the JBPA drive in 2009. We started viewing the 190 as our small narrowbody and the 320 as a medium narrowbody, and looked at other carriers with both in their fleets for industry-standard practice. The company agreed to the 90/69 differential both to help thwart JBPA and to reduce training cycles of guys fleeing the 190 the second seat-locks were up.

I'm in the unique position of having flown both jets in both seats here. Nearly 10 years on property makes me an extremely junior 320 Captain in my base, but I can tell you I worked harder as a 190 CA with a mid-seniority line than as a RSV 320 guy (minus the occasional redeye, which still blows). All I'm gonna say is this: I want more money for my seat, and especially for flying a 321 with 50 more seats.... but to the Bus guys, especially junior ones, who say "let them eat cake" on the 190 rates, guess what happens when the differential increases? That's right, every guy senior to you who was camping out for QOL, comes flooding on top of you. Just saying, careful what you wish for.

Last edited by aewanabe; 12-02-2016 at 06:19 PM.