View Single Post
Old 12-07-2016, 07:18 PM
271c
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2015

Originally Posted by 42ER View Post
Sorry for digging up an old thread.

Quick question, I know regional accept sim time for the ME or TT, so they can hire you at 1475TT and 25ME. But does that rule also apply to night time and night PIC?

Thanks
Ha, like you'd turn off the lights in the sim room?? I kid I kid. I know you can simulate darkness in most sims. But for logging purposes, you can't count it as night.

Also, more than 25 sim time can count towards the ATP for total time, so 1475 isn't the right min number. 25 is the limit for multi, yes. Up to 100 FFS or FTD can count towards the ATP "total time as a pilot." If, and only if, that time was obtained as a part of a 141 program, OR a 142 program (like the ATP-CTP) or your airline's 121 program.

Not too many folks have this time coming into an airline, as most schools use ATDs, not FTDs, and definitely not FFSs. But at the airline, you'll get 25 multi FFS, and 30+ total time FFS. Add another 12 for ATP-CTP. But not all airlines will let you come in short to get to the 1500; some want mins met before starting ground school, or before the ATP-CTP even.