View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Nitefrater
gets every day off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Retired MD11 Capt

Originally Posted by Adlerdriver View Post
Okay,
You're on a stretch of 6 scheduled R-days (A-reserve just for argument). You need to re-arrange your R-days to better your schedule and would love to add a 7th to the end of your current string. Obviously this can't be done because you would be creating a 1in7 issue.

You get assigned a long trip that has a 48 hour layover right in the middle of your 6 days.

Does anyone one know if the VIPS is "smart" enough to realize you don't have a 1in7 problem anymore and let you move the R day? Or, is it still just going to "see" the 6 R-days and not let you move a 7th on to the end?

I would have tried myself but I thought of it about an hour after the time it was allowed.

Thanks.
I had precisely this issue come up this morning. And the answer is... I don't know (yet). I tried the R day swap and it didn't allow me to submit it for the 1 in 7 conflict. Talking to my scheduler, who didn't know why it wouldn't allow it, but speculated that it may be because I haven't yet blocked out on the trip that has the qualifying layover, or haven't yet DONE the layover. I plan to reattempt the swap once I'm on the trip and we'll see where it goes.