View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 03:27 PM
Plane Ramrod
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
I would agree that as a body of work the work rules are about industry standard. However, four days off can be captured another way like southwest does with a min 15/16. Without that or the current 4 (5) days off we'd all be working 18hr trips and 13 day off lines.

You are right about the transition conflict language except that those that don't benefit directly benefit indirectly because it's a staffing inefficiency that requires more pilots which means every one holds a better line or a better base or a captain seat when they wouldn't without the conflict language.

Red green is by far the most valuable qol rule bar none! Is not just about dropping for no money. It's about swapping for different days. Getting that one really important day off you didn't get on your line and moving the money to a different day. Also for those that do want to drop it creates another staffing inefficiency like I mentioned above which is good for everyone. Whatever sec 25 modes into in a TA, changing red green is a non starter IMO.
Since the min coverage is set by the company based on information neither us nor the mec has access to, I disagree on the greatness of the red/green system. Three arbitrations helped, but it could go south pdq... like if they start feeling staffing pressure.