View Single Post
Old 12-21-2016, 12:07 PM
Plane Ramrod
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by chopperleo View Post
Ok everyone, lets see if i can get some simple answers to my questions. I know this is the 3rd thread and im sure some of these questions have been answered but it'll take me days to go through it and thats just silly. Before i get those of you to jump all over my case asking why im interestedin NK, I'll give you a quick background on my situation. Im currently flying turbine helicopters for a sheriffs office in florida. The job is good and has security with good benefits but things ffor me have changed. I resigned 4 years ago to fly for the regionals because it was a long time goal of mine to fly 121 and ultimatelymake it to the majors. Well, long story short, i had to return to the SO after a year and a half due to some personal family matters ( i became a single father). When i came back, i was no longer eligiblefor retirement benefits so it became a dead en for me. I'll be making 60k for the rest of my career with maybe a few cost of living raises here and there. I need to get back to the airlines and because im relatively a low time guy ( compared to other applicants), my options are slim. I have the requirements for NK but not much more. I figured i can only have a chance back at the regionals but id rather be at NK over a regional anyday of the week...i dont know if the would even give me the time of day but i figured i can take my chances. Anyway, i wanted to know about crew bases and senority. I live in florida so fll is the best option for me so id like to know how senior it is and how long it would take to hold after training. Thanks in advance!
Don't be put off by a few that think discouraging applicants is going to cause a huge hiring crisis and speed along a new CBA. Most of us like it here, outside of the pay rates. The most junior FLL pilots were hired mid November so you can probably hold it out of training or, at most after a couple months.