View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:04 PM
aa73
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Hi Tone, I'll take a crack a it... at the risk of getting pot shots thrown at me.

The way I understand it, you would "flow through" to American the same way an Eagle pilot would "flow through" as part of a new hire class... WITH THE EXCEPTION THAT you were a previous TWA pilot, and therefore you would come back with your 3 year status.

In other words, the "new hire" term IS ONLY INDICATIVE of "flowing through" to AA even though it really is not a new hire class- it is a recall class. But since you're considered a "new hire" (haven't gone through DSI - dark side indoc, crossing over from LLC to AA), you would be lumped in with groups of Eagle pilots who are also eligible to flow through. The Eagle pilots would not ordinarily have been able to flow through until we started hiring, but thanks to the new definition of "new hire", they can suddenly flow, along with youse guys. The difference is, those Eagle pilots would flow through at first year pay, whereas you would start from year 3.

Anybody have different info, please feel free to correct me. This is mostly speculation on my part, based on several conversations with Eagle folks "in the know."

P.s. Re: the old thread that was closed. APA has ALWAYS been able to negotiate longevity for the returning furloughees. I don't see it being ANY different in this case. APA does not care about the background of the pilot - they are all AA pilots out of work. And by NOT negotiating longevity, they would screw over tons of natives and ex TWA pilots together, so that won't fly. Regardless of your background, APA represents you, and believe me when I say they WILL attempt to restore longevity. Now, what you want to believe based on "doom and gloom" scenarios from other skeptics is up to you - I am posting this based on past history.