View Single Post
Old 12-23-2016, 08:53 AM
dn_wisconsin
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2005
Position: A320 Captain

Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
1. One interview at Envoy.

2. Then, no interview, no medical flow to the largest major airline in the world.

3. You'll likely be in a 175 flying AA routes and which we all know isn't a regional jet.

4. AA flies 787, 777, 767, 757, 737, M80, 321, 320, 319.

5. Massive international network.

6. You won't be stuck on a 320 for your entire career working at some crappy outfit like Spirit with out of date work rules, infrastructure, pay, etc. (i.e. the Mesa of the LCC's)

7. Near top of industry pay.

8. Best in industry non revenue benefits on the worldwide AA network before and after flow.

9. Great health care plan.

10. Great bases around the U.S. to move your family to. Pick your coast or preferred mid America city.
I don't get number 1. Interview at envoy? Why is that a perk?

2. Don't care to interview at AA. So why do I care about flow?

3. Yes, yes it is a RJ. Only someone with SJS would think otherwise.

4. You just list 3 aircraft we fly and then bash it 3 numbers later.

5. Really don't care about international. I get an override for it too but not enough that I want to bid it, even if I was at AA.

6. I don't mind the bus or care about widebodies. Again you sound like someone with SJS. You got me on spirits crappy infrastructure.

7. Correct they are. How long would it take me to recoup what I'd lose as 9 year captain and check airman if I had to go to envoy and wait for flow.....if it happens?

8. Is a good arguement. Our pass benefits lack. But I have a family of 4 I always buy tickets anyway because I don't want to risk full flights.

9. We have great benefits too.

10. I'm based and live in ord. Don't need to go to AA to get it.

So convince me why a I should go? I sit about 400 out of 1600. If I go I lose my seniority, my pay, my QOL, my training position, probably have to commute for awhile and I might flow in 5 years and have to do all of the above again? Your captains at envoy make less than half of what I made last year.