Thread: Skywest v2.0
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 04:14 AM
ncsean
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2016

Originally Posted by Jedimaster View Post
K', so trying to get a feel for what is actually occurring in the real world ... haven't flown since 95, was a 121 commuter captain until then (DHC8) ... Sorry, to be more clear, just recently flew 3.5 h in a 172 for a BFR, got my paper license changed to this new plastic thingy I've never heard about and am just trying to go with the flow...sort of working on my bucket list. You know, house paid for in 7 months, 4 kids put through college, trucking and construction did that in last 20 years. Recruiters at this airline and others, tell me upgrade less than 8 months with my quals. ( 11000 TT, 9000 TPIC, 121 & 135, etc) Is this for real?? Don't get me wrong, I need to sit in the right seat for a few months, just to get my bearings back ... but not going to swing gear for more than a year, bad CRM, it'll bring back my worst traits, which include starting many sentences with:" Listen Boy" and ending them with:"I was doing this when you were in diapers". This sounds terrible, I used to be really easy to fly with and sure that I still am...but don't have a ton of time left (late 50's) and bucket list or not, am not giving up #5 in seniority at a fortune 100 trucking company.
Very sorry, but I've been very lucky in aviation, less than 4 months as an FO, ever. Left corporate in 88 and my first and only airline had a lot of Embry FO's and needed 5000 TT and 2000TPIC to upgrade, which I had ++ when I started. Don't really care about many of the same things you guys do, fully vested in several pensions, (teamster, operating engineers, longshore), wife works for state, on PERS, we both have no deductible health plans, etc. Just sort of would like to get back to flying ... but just not comfy in right seat for very long. This is really my only criteria, :first, "how fast to upgrade??", second, I live in the PNW, pretty sure I'm too old to commute gracefully, third, I'm a Deacon in the Church, with all the requisite responsibilities, etc...(run a shelter, run a home for unwed mothers, etc, on the board of share for life, etc, etc, don't really have a lot of extra time, so please clarify the Delta of recruiter 8 mo. / poster 8 years. Thank you kindly.

You sound perfect!....for Mesa.