Position: A320 FO

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
Pay
B fund
Vacation
Sick
Rigs Daily and Duty
Profit sharing

Dollar value per hour is only one factor in a long line of what is total compensation.

For instance: jB a 12yr Ca earns 11.5 or 12 hrs of PTO every month. Annually that comes to less than 150hrs a year. That's to be used as sick and vacation or sold back at a premium.

A delta guy gets weeks of vacation and over 100 hrs just be be used as sick time.

Shooting from the hip here I don't have the comparison guide in front of me, but I assure you the deficit is real.
I get it. We are compensated less...not arguing that at all.

Since ALPA represents other airlines, like Delta, surely they should have the stats to give us a more accurate picture.

However, 30 to 40% is a swag, right? It seems to me that as we negotiate our CBA we should have an accurate picture of the playing field. I hope our negotiating committee does...lots of numbers get thrown around on this forum and most often without source.

Sure, you can't just look at hourly pay rates (work rules are probably equally as important, for example). However, looking at hourly rates, the difference is NO WHERE near 30 to 40%.