View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 12:51 AM
benzoate
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2012

Originally Posted by BlueJetDork View Post
Then you don't want to understand that mandatory PTV is required to force the company to staff the airline and to add slots in peak times. 3.25 v 5.0 isn't lower when it results in the fewer days on for the same credit range. This is function of their scheduling section not the PTV system. They have one we don't.

That is your misunderstanding. I never said that, implied it or believe it. I current system incentives the opposite and that is for pilots to fly sick, FTG and to extend FDPs so that can keep above the magic 100 hours. I know the current system gives the company a 500 pilot advantage over our peers. A cost savings they have been pocketing for over a decade.

What I do believe and know for certain that using a PTS system as intended is not lying. Their system is intended to allow pilots to manage their lives. You know, weddings, graduations, dances, etc.

The issue is not at all divisive.

Its $$$$.

They certainly understand that our current system benefits the company to the tune of 500 X 218 X 12 X 83 X 1.30 = $140 million a year a current rates more than it benefit us. I understand you think it benefits you but your system is granting the company $140 a year or $175 million a year at market rates which means the current system in not benefiting us.

The airline won't willingly sign off on different banks because then that becomes a fiscal responsibility carried year over year. You work for Jetcheap, don't forget.

Based on the survey the current system is favorable to most pilots with the caveat being able to use it. Like many mention you are unable to access all your vacation if you actually have a life or family, i.e. people need intermittent time off. With the scheduling managed how it is PTO is difficult, at best, to use therefore many DO fly sick because otherwise the cant use it for vacation.

Forgive the statistic but I believe upwards of 70-80% of jetblue vacation is allocated for Sept/Oct only. Regardless of your seniority less than 5% of pilots can hold a summer time vacation. Having been here almost 15 years I can attest to that. Multiple solutions have been presented but the airline does not like being told what to do, FACT!

The reality is vacation helps the airline staff properly. Calling in sick at the last minute significantly/negatively affects the operation however the airline refuses to accept this. Add to that the refreshed nature of an employee returning to work and the dividends are great. Sadly you can't tell a company who wants to bring humanity back to air travel how to humanely treat its employees. The wheel is not round at jetblue...