Thread: Envoy Info II
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 10:32 PM
LongTimeListenr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2016

Originally Posted by TrinityDawn View Post
I don't have the contract in front of me for the numbers, but basically you have to have two flights that can get you to work for sign in, and have been on the standby list trying to get on both, to be considered a "good faith" effort for the commuter policy. I'll have to look up the details for you later tonight.

Well, that has changed recently. Supposedly it's now 4 sick calls within a rolling 12 month period gets you a step one advisory. Unfortunately it's actual calls, and not a block of days, so if you're sick you just have to call out for the whole trip rather than individual days. The whole thing is rediculous, because sick time is part of the compensation negotiated in our CBA. If you burn more sick time than you have, you lose pay, so the company really shouldn't care, but it's just part of the screw tightening.
You are incorrect about blocks of days vs calls with sick time. I'm walking proof that the pure number of calls doesn't matter; just the number of occurrences. You're also incorrect about the automatic step one after 4 occurrences.