Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 10:11 AM
pilotmunk
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2014

Originally Posted by ORDinary View Post
That's fantastic. It hasn't been happening that way in ORD. I only had 10 days off in December and I know others who Scheduling attempted to JM through their 3 days off. Unfortunately I have too many family obligations to work more days than that.
"Fantastic" as in unbelievable? Well, it is true. Already logged one RSV day at home in January. As for JM's, I've been lucky so far and managed to avoid them (luck and savviness combined, I guess). One strategy to limit your exposure to JM's is to bring your number of days off to 8 by maxing out your OT before the month even begins. This way they won't be able to JM you as their computers won't let them schedule anything if it brings you below 8 days off (at least I don't know of any instances of people being JM'd into the less-than-8-days-OFF situation). And I don't have family obligations other than to have some weekends off and sleep in my own bed as often as possible. I admit it is more difficult if your family obligations are more pressing. And yes, I am lucky to live in base.