Old 01-08-2017, 03:25 AM
Nemo786
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Position: E-175 Right

Originally Posted by 2StgTurbine View Post
You are completely wrong. Two pilots can not "agree" to spit PIC duties. The FAA and industry only accepts 2 ways to have two pilots log PIC time. Dual instruction and safety pilot time with one pilot under the hood. Two private pilots CANNOT both log time unless on is under the hood.

All pilots interested in the OP's offer need to stay away. He doesn't understand the CFRs or the industry as much as he thinks he does. The FAA or any future employer will not count this time if you tell them that you made an "agreement" with the other pilot that one would be in charge and the other would manipulate the controls. You will waste your money, time, and the interviewer would rip up your application.
I don't think you are understanding the meaning of the term safety pilot. I DO understand the CFRs correctly. I'll explain it this way instead for those not understanding what a safety pilot does. File IFR, fly in VFR conditions one flies under the hood another is a safety pilot that would be required by regulations. According to who is flying one has to agree to who is the safety pilot and who is going to be under the hood. It's common practice to decide who is acting PIC and who is the sole manipulator of a flight before it begins.

Thank you