View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 05:23 AM
FDXFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: ANC-Based MD-11 FO
Default Equipment Bid at FedEx

So, did any other FDXers find anything believeable in Jack's email? How many times are they going to toss us the "equipment-bid-just-around-the-corner" bone? Or the "European-domicile-coming-soon" bone? I especially enjoyed the European SIBA idea; and it even suggested city possibilities!

This just seems to be more pot-stirring indirectly pointed at negotiations. Leaves a carrot hanging out there, something to plant in the back of your mind when the company makes their next attempt to circumnavigate our NC. "Ooooo, we better take this next sub-standard offer or else I won't get to move to CDG..." Cute: promise something they never really plan to do, then take it away if we don't cave to their demands. News flash: they NEVER will base pilots in Europe! If it would save a dime to do so, they would have done it already! They've been talking about basing pilots in Europe for years. Where's that laptop; where's the 727 replacement; where's the MD-11 HUD. I know the story, trust them, it's in the works, just solving a few more bugs, yadda, yadda, yadda...

Yeah, I guess I am a bit of a conspiricy theorist when it comes to management's actions. But I see no other reason for them to toss these "coming events" out there. If these were serious plans, why not just keep things quiet until details are finalized then announce them or publish the posting? Frankly, I think it makes management look unprepared to constantly make public all these upgrade and basing ideas and then fail to follow through.

On another note: only 900 guys updated their standing bid? Out of 4,700+ pilots? I wonder how many of those 900 changed their bid to 737 cpt 100%?

No draft, no volunteer, and I'm taking my vacation until they settle.