Thread: Boutique Air
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 AM
ssilver88
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Originally Posted by thenewguyhere View Post
Just a quick update on BTQ ops -

While I'm now a short-timer with the light at the end of the tunnel growing brighter, I can offer my observations -

BTQ remains a fantastic place to work for those that know what to expect. If DEN based, you WILL fly lots of CDOs. Probably around 7-12 per month when you start. These will never go away. That said, DEN is a great base if you want to build time and gain valuable weather experience.

The line pilots are almost all great. They're super fun to fly with, safe, and for the most part very good at what they do.

The management does seem to have a habit of piling on more "free" work for the pilot group. As more people get fed up with that, they'll leave, and maybe they'll stop doing it. Take 3-4 hours out of your day to come to a pilot meeting every month for $20? No thanks.Take an hour to reposition an airplane to and from MX for free? I'd rather not, thank you.

My only complaint with management is the chief pilot, who is universally hated by nearly everyone. He didn't get the memo that a CP is supposed to stand up to management on behalf of the pilot group, not the other way around. The good news is that if you lay low, he's harmless enough.

The ACPs, DO, ADO, training dept, HR, Scheduling, Dispatch.....all fantastic people. Some are overworked, but they handle it well.

I'll really miss flying for BTQ when I leave. I've had a blast and have no regrets, accept that I can't keep this job along with my new one.

P.S..... They'd rather you not post the interview questions (they are watching). It's not helping anyone, as they change the questions every time someone posts them. I know your intention was to help people, so kudos.
Originally Posted by RBZL View Post
Yep - I'm not lying when I say it's basic IFR knowledge and refuse to give out specific questions. They're fairly textbook and there are no trick questions. If you can't answer them on your own, you're going to have a bad time through training.

I'm still enjoying BTQ as well. Haven't had much contact with the chief aside from what goes out to everyone, but I'm not in DEN. Pilots are generally friendly and down-to-earth. We've had some WX+MX issues lately that have been frustrating for everyone in the company, but from what I can see they've done their best to handle them. Word is we also have two new PC-12s coming within the next month or so. Still don't have any regrets about coming here. Still plan to upgrade at 1200 hours and reassess around 1500.
Thanks for the updates guys.