View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:21 PM
CousinEddie
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2012

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
What are the negative changes? Because you are right I don't see them.

The parking of the 747 a year earlier than planned? We will have every new wide body to replace them 1:1 on property by the end of this year. Fail to see the negative.

The 777 will have more modern and drastically better customer amenities. the new polaris offerings and entertainment for everybody. this will increase our customer base. The 777 will have better reliability which will lead to less customers getting upset on our most lucrative routes out of SFO. The 777 burns less fuel on the same mission leading to higher profit for our checks. Again I fail to see the negative.

The 737, in my opinion, was the wrong aircraft for the mission it was stated for, replacing 50 seaters. it puts a 32 seat gap between our 76 seaters and our 118 seat 700s. That gap is to big and was destine to fail. We need a 100 seater and I believe that we will see the reason for this deferment some point this year. I think cancelling the 737 was smart so again I fail to see the negative.
I tend to agree. I wasn't too comfortable with the long term implications of competing against Delta's C-series airplanes using late 1990s era 737s.

Many of our smaller city markets have considerable amounts of business traffic. Business travelers demand frequency. If you were a business traveler, would you choose the airline that can get you in and out of town 3 times a day or 5 times a day? Too big or inefficient of an airplane will mean less frequency in these smaller markets.