View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 12:51 PM
CaptainObvious1
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017
Default Alright

I'll preface this by saying I've never spent much time on these forums, but after watching this develop the last week I feel compelled to weigh in.

TWinsider:

You, like anyone else in any industry are entitled to have misgivings about your experience. Your execution on the matter is unprofessional, and I don't think you fully understand or appreciate the ramifications they're placing on the entire pilot group. I, like many of the pilots here work hard to prove that the company's trust in my skillset is well-placed. Your temper tantrum (which I'll add is filled with exaggerations and half-truths to sell your case) makes us all look bad on the whole. You were most likely an SIC for long enough to earn a PIC position, right? Was that not enough time to discover this wasn't the best fit for you? No one forced you to sign a year-long contract, if in fact you didn't feel comfortable with what's entailed in the day-to-day here. The operations here are not entirely different from any other 135 operator in this industry. What you're cultivating right now is a new culture of mistrust within the ranks and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying I don't appreciate that.

Moreover, your tongue-in-cheek comment toward *** is nothing short of slander. I was present in SBH and there was in fact an SJU-based maintenance professional on hand with a full compliment of equipment to mitigate the maintenance issue by the numbers. Again, you're taking creative license with your portrayal of the scenario. You're selling an image of a company that doesn't follow-through on maintenance concerns and you're hurting a positive image we all work hard to promote. As for flying "Overweight Aircraft", if you are in fact a PIC, I would assume you'd exercise the operational control you've been endowed with. I have never known anyone to fly an overweight aircraft in my experience here, and any decision to leave bags behind for reasons of safety has been met by the expected level of support.

Again, in my time here, I have seen many improvements to the QOL. Deleting both new-hire and upgrade contracts, retention bonuses and the like. I have never had a time-off request denied, provided I gave advance notice. Your post is concerning because it portrays the entire pilot group as ungrateful, all while taking our professional image to task.

In the future I'd recommend you approach a scenario like this with a little more tact and professionalism. End rant.

Last edited by UAL T38 Phlyer; 01-11-2017 at 05:31 PM.