View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:10 PM
Sunvox
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010
Position: EWR 777 Captain

Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
Ill give you the 65 737s, but parking 20 wide bodies come on. Were taking delivery of 19 this year, most likely more. I'm sorry your 747 is going away but the sky is far from falling.
I couldn't agree more

I think all the hand wringing is much to do about nothing. Without question the prior management team had audacious growth plans, and the new team has greatly reduced those plans, but the counter point to that is the discipline that the new team seems to be bringing to the future outlook.

The last investor update carefully outlined a strategy to grow profits substantially and grow the fleet at a steady 1%. Part of the profit strategy is upgauging routes and thereby reducing frequency on occasion, but overall it represents continued growth, slow, yes, but growth none the less. We are only in the first half of the first inning of this new game, but already they have pre-announced that revenues are beating expectations.

I know I can be a Polly Anna at times, but truthfully I see several years of continuing improvement and movement in our careers. It's time to enjoy the good of the moment and stop worrying about the future.

Of course, I always recommend living under your means as a guarantee of future happiness. I recently read a research report that indicated happiness was correlated to how much money one has in their after-tax bank account. So the moral of the story is, if you find yourself perpetually unhappy then you need to save more and spend less