Gets Weekends Off
P-3Bubba
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2006
  • Position
    P-3C
Quote: Yes it is their job. But unity and brotherhood is our job. We can't make it better if everyone who wants this place to be more leaves.
Preach On!

Thats certainly my case. I care that pilots want to be at B6. If you want a DAL, AA, SWA or UAL contract go there and start over. Our nascent CBA won't equal what the Legacy's, but it will reflect our value and the future of our group going forward.

Nothing irks me more that flying with a FO who can't wait to fly the HEAVY METAL at the Legacy. However, I find this sentiment to rarely echo my cockpit. Yes, we want to be like the Legacy, but we don't have to join the Legacy.

More importantly I've seen many a fellow military reservist get hired on at the Legacy and immediately get their #1 choice of 75/6 International. They quickly find the lifestyle unappealing, as your body objects being awake in Paris when its pretty sure its should be going to bed. These are guys who fly heavy metal in the military too.

Management at jetblue is very astute. They're multiple chess moves ahead of the MEC and NC. I see that as a negotiating plus. The company knows that it needs its pilots to just get enough incentive to do the cumbyah 110%. (RSA, VDA, OpenTime IROP) They also know they need to make $ and perform on wall-street and in the marketplace.

Case:
Who remembers when JBlue announced DTW? Sounded like a good plan. New city. Good customer base. Well it also set up the feed to the muslim Michigan population to connect in Boston to Dubai on Emirates. Check-Mate! Now, Emirates off Jetblue gates is a whole other debate. But thats how they make plays that pay $.

-Bubs