View Single Post
Old 01-18-2017, 07:17 AM
SideFlare
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2016

Originally Posted by BeatNavy View Post
Interesting. All the postings I looked at were 300+ PIC of kingair/similar required and 1k fw time. If they relax those for helo dudes then that's cool. I assume the bro network (and airline hiring trend as of late) helps in that regard as well as there are probably fewer people willing to go back to the desert after retiring. That said, I still think checking the 121 box, getting a jet type/time, at 800 hrs/year, for $60k first year pay is a better choice for someone with OPs background, but family situation, financial situation, other stuff on his resume all may give him (or anyone reading this) a different perspective. I had people in my regional class coming from several years overseas (ISR and airline) and know a couple at my current airline who did the same. I also know some people left my regional for ISR jobs. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
I 100% agree with you. Just acknowledging that it is possible. The pay was once better at the ISR companies, but in the current environment that's no longer a factor.