View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 07:28 PM
Trojan65
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2016

Yes the population etc does influence , nearly 50 mill in Colombia & they seem to have a lot of aircraft there , bit of a mess is Venezuela - so folks might want to leave there

I think the expat market etc , well I think it is horses for courses , for some the KAL/JA monthly commute works , personally I wouldn't want to do two 12 hour flights monthly to get home , & I also wouldn't want to live in "expat" pilot college dorm type setup , which I think they do in Eva , K/J

I would want to live in country full time

People are saying the SEA $12K is "second rate" or mediocre , not sure K/J pay a whole lot more(if any) & thought EVA were less . Lots of Aussies , Brits & yes even North Americans in these SEA jobs & perfectly content (OK I have to apologise for them , likely my countrymen will moan & complain a bit - I know what they are like). So they aren't just solely for people from more developing countries.

Let's remember it would put you in the top 5% of US earners, & would actually be about the same as Qantas short haul rates in Aust (likely higher)

Sure ME3 pay more & education allowances but it is kind of hot there & not for everyone. Large dollars in China but larger cultural gap to get over & not everyone can/want to that

Anyone got any guesstimates on ball park Capt figures in SA countries ?