Thread: Float
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 12:01 PM
mainlineAF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place

Originally Posted by Hubble15 View Post
OK, this is a bit out of hand. You don't know Slice's particulars and you aren't in his shoes, so it's cheap to sling mud the way some of you have been. We are not lemmings ... our job is not to obey directives from the APA. It is APA's responsibility to construct well-thought-out strategies and convince us of their merit. In this case, they did a decent job of illustrating how PBS changes the landscape in ways which merited a re-think on the part of floaters. If they'd made a better case, with more analysis, maybe more people would have chosen not to float.

I didn't float, but it didn't cost me much. I'm a SC guy with 19 VC days in '17/'18 due to some PVDs. I have to bid VAC to get decent time off given the SC bid sheets, so I was going to float 5 days. Floating zero cost me, what, $2700? If I was a line-holder with 31 or more days in play on a CA salary ... who's to say if I would have found the APA's proposal as compelling?

Slice contributes far more than most by spending time on here answering questions and mentoring newer pilots. He is NOT the guy you should be sh*tt*ng on. Get some perspective. Show some class. (BTW everyone should read Billyray's blast on this topic)

I'm good. Slice showed his true colors. He can now listen to people berate him for selling us out.

Dudes gonna make 400k this year. I could care less about his personal situation (except extreme medical cases which he didn't say was the case/he wanted the money).

All he does for new hires is tell them they'd be more senior at AA so they should come here. Big f'ing deal. Thx slice!!