View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:02 PM
Mitra
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Originally Posted by mojo6911 View Post
It depends on the type rating, and if they are already typed. Most smaller jets and bigger turboprops initial types are around 15-20k. If they're already typed, they'd need a recurrent, which is about half. If you have a Gulfstream or Global, those types can be north of 50k.

Like anything, it is all negotiable. That split assumes that the owner will fly it for XXXX/hour, and the aircraft will be chartered for XXXX/hour. Some owners will turn down a lot of charters, some will have them chartered as much as possible. It depends on a ton of factors. If you had more specifics, I could maybe help.
This project assumes very small aircraft, i.e. single engine prop, think Piper Cherokee Six. I'm assuming the training would be cheaper for such a small airplane, especially if they're already typed. Would I have to seek out a Part 135 operator with similar aircraft, or would it be reasonable to seek out any Part 135 operator, even if their fleet is all turboprop or jet? Do they need to be based out of the same area as me?