Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Police2Pilot
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2017
Default Interview is soon

After 15 years in law enforcement (our pension is in a bad way so I've decided to pursue my dream of flying) I'm going to interview at Envoy. Im in my mid 40's so I've got to make it to a major, probably within the next 5 years, to have any chance of a livable retirement so I'm sort of pressed on time I guess. Perhaps I should just finish my LE career and then take what little pension I will have and start flying in my early 50's and just sit at a regional and build seniority and enjoy it (if a regional can be enjoyed at all?)

I've chosen Envoy because I live in the DFW area. I've read a lot of this thread but can use some help. I don't understand some of the terminology. I know there has to be something good about Envoy. As for the bad.. things are bad in every industry, every company everywhere. If you want some real negative things go check out some police forums. I have some questions for Envoy pilots and maybe they can also tell me the good things they like and why they joined the company? Or, if it really is that bad, why (and I have read a lot of this thread so I have an idea.. quality of life is a major issue). If they could work at any regional carrier which one would it be?

My questions..

Does reserve time influence upgrade time or is that based solely on seniority and not flight hours? Or a mixture of both?

Are the projected reserve times still current? I saw 8 mos for CRJ at ORD, 2-3 mos for 175 at DFW, 1 year for 145 at DFW.

If that's not correct, which air frame has the shortest projected reserve time?

How does scheduling accommodate pilots in the military regarding deployments or drill weekend? Do deployments affect seniority?

Did Envoy furlough any pilots during the last recession in 2008? I have a feeling we are headed for another one.

I don't understand the required rest periods between flights. I've heard that most regional airlines are horrible at this, so I'm guessing Envoy is no different. How is it REALLY at Envoy?

What are my chances of getting DFW right out of the gate? I'm not too fired up about commuting on reserve. I'll do it if need be, but not exactly my first choice.

When a pilot starts in one airframe, can he/she switch to another? If so how? Do you automatically get put on reserve again or does your company seniority help keep you on the line?

What in the world is "junior manning??"

If someone could take some time and give me a little help I would be grateful.