View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:25 PM
mainlineAF
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2016
Position: 6th place

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
I'm using your own words. You said it was entry level in post #15

"NAI might not be a bad foot in the door. Norwegian, like Ryanair, easyJet and WizzAir, is often an entry level job for young European pilots, and about a mid-level job for a more experienced pilot who may be too old for the European legacies."

And let's not get caught up in semantics. This thing is a **** show and you know it. Being an airline pilot in Europe has been a dead end for some time now. This NAI flag of convenience is the first chance to spread the European brand of career distruction to a career that has just recently become great again. If it's successful it will proliferate to the point where we are all quitting or just happy to be getting by like you are.

Doctors don't get into the profession to just get by they want to be a top earner.

I'm not a doctor but most pilots get into this career for the same reason. I want to afford to live in a nice waterfront home in a good school district, not have my wife work so she can be home for the kids, send my kids to college, fund a fruitful retirement, pay for my daughters wedding, drive a nice car, have a yellowfin parked out back, see the world with my family on vacation, take them skiing, summer boat trips to the Bahamas, and insure my life so my family is secure in case of my untimely death.

This is now possible in the US and NAI is a big threat to us all just descending into mediocrity just like pilots live in Europe and most Americans are living check to check and will never retire.

SCREW THAT!

Yea, but, free markets and cheap tickets!!