View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 05:32 AM
Squak1200
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Squallrider View Post
They were also going through Bankruptsy and just got bought by and bankrolled by delta to keep the lift going. Regardless of being owned by delta they will need to be financially competitive and giving everyone a $20 raise is u likely even tho first year pay scale is already $6 below anyone elses. Endeavor FO tops out 40$ a hour most regionals that's second year pay and I know people will say well I'll upgrade...what if you don't?
I'm just saying take the whole package into account.
First year pay is $6 below anyone elses, but like you said, take the whole package into account, retention bonus makes up for way more than $6. Now what happens after 2018, whether the retention bonus stays, whether it gets rolled into the pay rate, who knows. But isnt the volatile nature of this industry the only truth ?
I have close buddies in pretty much every regional, except Mesa. I know FO's in Envoy since 2011, still waiting on upgrades, I have a friend in Endeavor who upgraded 4 months ago in exactly 26 months, with zero part 121 time when he joined.
The comparison games never end, since as humans, like it or not, we are inherently biased. The unfortunate part is, inadvertently misleading new hires with incomplete pictures.