Thread: iPad App Store
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 09:03 AM
Oly Olson
Line Holder

Joined APC: Sep 2013

Originally Posted by Dave Fitzgerald View Post
Mako, respectfully, I disagree. As I said above, it won't be the iPad that gets you nailed, but it will be another nail in the coffin. Just use something else, it's easy. Phone, your own iPad, computer....and yes, people have gotten themselves in trouble over it.

Remember Unimatic E-notes? Same thing. It's too easy for management to snoop. Same thing for company E-mail, don't use it.
Sorry, but NO. A pilot who wants to have EZCCS or Cockpit Companion available on his iPad is not going to "get in trouble" over it. That said, don't use the company iPad for things not related to work - that's my 2¢ on the subject.

All that BS aside however, I came here to see if it was just me or everyone else also having the issue. Sure enough. What I ask all of you to do is recommend the apps that you like and use (for work, because you find them helpful) to the Training Committee or Safety Committee via ALPA PDRs. I know that there is another venue, but the PDR at least gets the issue into the ALPA system and makes sure that your Reps. get your feedback as well.

Leave it to UAL's great IT hacks to make sure that we can't use a UAL approved app like EZCCS on the company iPad... UFB

Oly