View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 12:51 PM
MDdoc
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2017

Originally Posted by Qotsaautopilot View Post
Are you telling me a 787 FO making $5k a month pretax is living comfortably. That's impossible with a family.

I'm not talking about living comfortably anyway. I'm talking about getting rich. This job requires far to much training, travel away from home, and most importantly responsibility to have FOs that can't get by and captains that are just "comfortable". Why sell yourself short? The contract pilot scheme has taken away any leverage European pilots would have as group to make some real money. If it weren't for the paycheck I don't think most of us would come to work. So my goal is to make as much of it as humanly possible when I am at work. Anything that threatens to have me making less is the enemy.

If NAI came in here with industry leading wages, retirement, and work rules along with actual employees not outscourced labor with no bargaining power, I don't think anyone would have an issue. Problem is the whole scheme designed to push down wages and strip labor of any power. That's a problem.
As mentioned before, the 787's aren't on the NAI certificate and the FO's make a bit more than that..believe I saw $7500 a month. Not great by any comparison, but if we are to complain lets use facts and not fiction.