Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 10:32 AM
Flightsoffusion
Pathological Flyer

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by highflyer1980 View Post
I agree as well. Also, if the red rash isn't your cup of tea, you can always ask any hotel if they have air crew rates and if any rooms at that rate available. I did that on average about once or twice a month, sometimes never in ORD (which happened to be close to cost of crash pad). Also, keep in mind you do have a commuter policy. So if you make two attempts to commute you get to try again the next day. No reprimand, unpaid of course. You get six of those in one year.

So in other words, it all boils down to what's the best course of action. If there are plenty of flights between base and home, most likely able to get out of the pad. Otherwise, it may be more beneficial to get one. I recommend doing one or two months without a pad and see if you can manage. If not, get a bed in one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Good points to ponder. Appreciate the info. Soon to be 56 yrs. old, just have to decide whether to start my career over again or just rest on my laurels that I had a good long run with it already. No question about it, there's never been a better time to be a pilot..