Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

Originally Posted by airscout View Post
I am eager to play chess,

I have mastered nine skills,

I hardly forget the runes,

I am interested in books and carpentry,

I know how to ski,

my shooting and sailing skills are competent.

I can both play the harp and construe verse.-

Earl Rognvald Kali of Orkney

So, playing and singing were once signs of a gentleman. Now such skills are ridiculed? Perhaps these are the well rounded people that Delta is looking for?
Social awareness/social intelligence is ALSO the sign of a gentleman. Or simply, the sign of a socially evolved individual that respects other people's space. Even in a public place.

Because someone posses these skills of a gentleman DOESN'T mean they go and practice/exercise them at will without regard to who might be around.

That's in the same league as those that have text alert on at FULL VOLUME going off every 4-5 seconds with people around them while staring at their phone, people talking at the top of their voice on their phone with people around them, people that listen to music without earbuds on a train, at a coffee shop etc, people that like to watch videos on their phone at full volume, what have you............

Having these skills/signs of a gentleman that you speak of does NOT entitle one to be an inconsiderate a-hole at will.