View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 09:24 AM
Poppachubby
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2015

Originally Posted by DickBurns View Post
Be careful with point number 2. There is only 1 mortal sin in this business. Don't forget that! Some things may be frowned upon, like picking up while guys are on furlough, but you CANNOT compare crossing the line to obeying the contract!
Exactly! I've chimed in on this topic before and I will again. I rarely say much on this board yet it bothers me how some will associate people on the standing available list as all "chokers". It is not always the case. I strive as much as possible to at least maintain line value while working as little as possible (major quality of lifer). I typically drop all undesirable flying during IOT (while its green) and re-fortify later if possible. Yet the trips left in open usually suck, so many times I never end up picking things up and end up with a 50-60 hour month. Meanwhile there are many times a last minute trip will pop into open that maybe super "juicy" (DH's maybe...lot of soft time) that I wont have access to unless on the SA list. Yes......not all trips are "juicy" so I refuse 95% of them (making scheduling work harder).

Seriously, if anyone can indicate what I'm doing wrong here, I'm all ears. On par with a "scab".......give me a break!