Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 04:33 PM
77RWFW77
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2017

Question for those that have recently gone thru or are in Envoy training.

I interviewed with them last week, and have a CJO, just waiting on background to start.

Background is:
53yrs old
Will be commuting in from Phx.
Prior 121 (if that matters for this question?)

DFW is my first choice to get due to the commute so I'm hoping to try to get the 175 in DFW as a first choice, the 145 in DFW as a 2nd.

Here are my questions,

1. Im seeing a lot about QOL issues with Envoy on this forum, namely Envoy trying to get the schedules under control. A few mentions of only 2 days a week off, is Envoy running 5 day trips now? or is 4 day trips the norm?

2. What has the trend been in class on domicile and equipment assignments? i.e....how many 175's and 145's in DFW has been offered lately? Any mention of those slowing or increasing the slots for these?

3. At 53 where would I place seniority wise in class, I was told a couple of months ago it would be near or at top? But things change and for those recent newhires what has been the top end for age in classes lately.

4. Lastly, for those commuting already, with my situation would a commute from PHX to DFW combined with the current schedules be a nightmare? In other words getting home 1-2 days a week to do laundry? I do know initially that reserve is a nightmare, but once I push through that how is QOL for a guy commuting to/from PHX-DFW?

Thanks guys for the feedback, A lot of questions I know so any and all input is appreciated.