View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 07:16 AM
GuppyPuppy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: JetRight, JetLeft

Originally Posted by seekingblue View Post
I think that's what many of the junior guys are doing.

I think I've worked with you before, and if you are who I think you are, you are a really great guy and a good captain.

It's easy to get caught up typing angry on the internet. What makes it worse, is you clearly love it here and want to defend the company and company culture. I simply want the best compensation, and growth opportunities for my family. I really could care less about fun, how great the crews are (yes, no where else will have crews as great as here). But, for me it's a numbers game. If our total compensation surpases DL/UA/AA, I'll stay. If not, I'll go to where I'm compensated the best.
What are you waiting for?

No matter how you slice it advancement opportunities will be better at any of the big 3 than they are here. And if flying a widebody isn't for you, at the big 3 those senior to you would tend to go to widebody flying which creates an opening on a narrow body. All those senior to you at JB will stay on the 320, slowing your progression.

And, do you really believe that we will get a contract that reflects what the pilots at the big 3 get?

Good luck with your decision.

Gup