I have passed every single part 61 check ride I ever took in the first attempt:

1. PPL
2. IFR
3. CPL - Single
4. CPL - Multi
5. CFI
6. CFI-I
7. MEI

I even have a gold seal, if that means anything.

I've flown nothing but single engine and light twins prior to joining this regional.

I busted my first attempt at my ATP/Type Rating check ride (First Officer Trainee). This check ride was not AQP. I busted because of nerves which got me behind the airplane and I got behind my speeds.

I got retrained, then went for the ride again. Busted a second time because I thought we were doing a V1 cut, when in fact it was a capitan incapacitation/engine failure/rejected takeoff. I missed the cues (80 knots check/hands off throttles).

Every other item has been successfully completed. In both cases my nerves got to me and did me in, and my instructor (seat fill) and the check airmen also agreed that my nerves got the best of me. Both are recommending the company allow me to take the check again.

At this point, I don't even know if I have a job at my current regional. I am still waiting on a response. If I get a third chance, of course I will take it. It's another chance and it's only one easy item needed to complete.

Obviously this is an awful development. I've been doing so well, then all of a sudden, within a week, things go from great to awful.

My question is, assuming I get a third chance and pass, how ugly is this for my professional future in aviation?

Thanks for any help. It's been a hard week.