View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 06:28 AM
dckozak
done, gone skiing

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Rocking chair

Originally Posted by DP89 View Post

For my day job I work in e-commerce shipping and I've learned to really enjoy the fast pace of the logistics and shipping industry. I love working on a route and having a checklist every day. I work fine with people as well, in fact my people skills and work ethic helped get me into a management position...........

DP
Your interests sound more logistics than flying. Not withstanding the differences noted in the earlier post, flying either pax or cargo have many more similarities than differences.
On the other hand, your experiences and interest in management, suggest your more interested in the backdoor part of airlines. Unless you get to the highest flight management positions, you would not, as a flight manager, be involved with the nuts and bolts of the non flying portion of my company.

If you like to fly, you can do so (as a hobby) while endeavoring to be the next Fred Smith. If you fly for a living, you will have to be very lucky and good to retain a seniority number at an airline and move into a position that has you managing outside of flight. Good luck.