Thread: Leave Netjets?
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 01:41 PM
pugpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2015

I recently left NJA for JB and have no regrets.

Financially, I'll make up the difference in year 2 and going forward JB kills NJA on pay (even without a CBA and that will only widen the gap).
The flying is much less tiresome. Did a 15.5 hour 2 day trip this week (with an 18 hour overnight in LGB) and felt fine. I wouldn't be able to say the same if it were in the Phenom.
Commuting will be the biggest detractor, but there are 26 flights today from DCA - BOS so I think I'll find a way. Going forward, there is a lot of schedule flexibility to add/drop/swap and I'll end up working fewer days than on the NJA 7/7 (even with commuting and for significantly more $$)

It is easy to get comfortable at NetJets, particularly if you choose to live in a smaller city (or farther away from base) where commuting would be prohibitive.
If you live east of the Mississippi and are an FO looking at another 10+ years in the right seat, I'd bail no question. If you are already an NJA captain, it is tough to say without knowing what the JB contract is going to be.

If anyone wants to get into specifics, feel free to PM.