View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 08:20 AM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by sparkmo View Post
They don't allow it for ANC two day DH's overseas.
1. Who is "They"? I wasn't aware of that restriction in ANC? I could have missed it though - I've done exactly this multiple times with no questions asked. Can't find any emails/FCIFs addressing it.

2. The contract does not prevent you from deviating only on the first leg (domestic OR international)

3. Evidently, VIPS is not currently programmed to cancel individual legs of a multi-leg deadhead.....but "O" has promised to fix that (ref his email on 19 July titled "FOX and Deviation Issues" - almost the last paragraph).....but even this VIPS programming problem doesn't prevent you from single-leg deviating.....I think "O" meant he's trying to get VIPS fixed back to the way it used to be.....not 100% sure that's what he meant though.

You just have to deviate in VIPS (cancels all legs front or back) and then (like 2005 Blues said) call Global Travel and have them re-book you on the legs you didn't want cancelled. Do this early in the bid month or your First Class seat may not be available.

4. If you're asking - "am I protected once I join back up with the scheduled DH?" - I think the answer is probably no - any time you deviate (at all) it's all on you to get to the operating leg (in place) with the required minimum time (12 hours intl) prior to show.

I thought I remembered an email/FCIF from JL in the past addressing this, but I couldn't find it anywhere for reference.....he was answering the question about 'what if I end up on the same flight with the rest of the crew and then none of us end up getting there on time?'.....I think he said in that particular case you wouldn't get spanked individually for initially deviating.....but don't quote me on that one - I couldn't find a copy of that one.

....but you ARE definitely allowed to do it.

Just my two cents.....hope it helps.