View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 10:34 AM
AFW_MD11
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007
Position: MD11 FO, ANC

Originally Posted by sparkmo View Post
"They" is whoever is cancelling all the front end DH's and ground transportation when you only ask to cancel the DH on the first day. I do hope they fix it. It is somewhat insane to be deviating on the "scheduled DH" and arrive with no ground transportation.

Cheers
yes. the same email (from "O") addressed that GT issue as well in the same section he talked about multiple leg deviations - he said he's trying to "fix" both of those programming problems....not sure if the GT getting cancelled has been fixed or not - I haven't done this kind of deviation since the "O"-gram came out promising to fix it.

has it been fixed? anyone?

so, I guess the "THEY" is the programming in VIPS - not ANC flt ops admin or anyone human - I think it's just happening "automatically" since they switched to the FOX system and the computer system generates/cancels DH legs and sometimes GT in conjunction with.

still.....nothing prohibits you from ONLY deviating on the first leg.....you just have to do more legwork yourself to re-book the legs that you want to keep (after they get cancelled by VIPS) - may be a good idea too to make sure GT is still scheduled/booked AFTER you deviate in VIPS but BEFORE you actually arrive.

it definitely is NOT as easy as in the old days (before FOX) though - but still possible/legal to do.