View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 01:17 PM
machz990
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: 777 CAP

Originally Posted by AFW_MD11 View Post
yes. the same email (from "O") addressed that GT issue as well in the same section he talked about multiple leg deviations - he said he's trying to "fix" both of those programming problems....not sure if the GT getting cancelled has been fixed or not - I haven't done this kind of deviation since the "O"-gram came out promising to fix it.

has it been fixed? anyone?

so, I guess the "THEY" is the programming in VIPS - not ANC flt ops admin or anyone human - I think it's just happening "automatically" since they switched to the FOX system and the computer system generates/cancels DH legs and sometimes GT in conjunction with.

still.....nothing prohibits you from ONLY deviating on the first leg.....you just have to do more legwork yourself to re-book the legs that you want to keep (after they get cancelled by VIPS) - may be a good idea too to make sure GT is still scheduled/booked AFTER you deviate in VIPS but BEFORE you actually arrive.

it definitely is NOT as easy as in the old days (before FOX) though - but still possible/legal to do.
I will be flying the scheduled second leg to Paris next week. I deviated on the first leg only in VIPS. Will report back on whether G/T was still there or not.

I looked into this issue extensively a while back and posted a couple threads on the subject. This whole debacle started when the company switched to FOCUS. For every person I spoke with I got a different answer as to why we couldn't deviate on the first leg only. Some said it's a FOCUS software issue and needs to be fixed. One ACP told me it now aligns more closely to the CBA and the original intent. Another told me that G/T should never get cancelled because it's a different department and they don't cancel when you deviate. Wrong!