View Single Post
Old 04-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Southerner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Default JetBlue Latest and Greatest

Originally Posted by blueballs View Post
That's funny because a lot of them have said that very thing. I've also heard they didn't get hired on as pilots here so they got the instructing job

I know guys who have been instructors who hold the right seat in MCO, then upgrade in JFK and decide to leave JBU to make more money. I'm sure there are a couple who only want to be instructors so they can be in MCO, but generally after 2-3 years you can hold the bus right seat in MCO. Then they are able to make more money as a line pilot AND be based in MCO. Still, they choose to remain in the schoolhouse.

The advantage of the system as it is today is that the people there choose to be there because they like to instruct and are good at it. The E190 team is phenomenal. Hopefully the pay gets better in the schoolhouse with the CBA. They deserve it.

As far as the hiring part goes, that's a myth. I'm not sure why it's perpetuated. In the last off the street instructor window, those who interviewed only applied to be instructors. These days if you aren't successful as a pilot applicant, you must wait 6 months to apply to be a pilot OR instructor. (And vice versa)