Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 08:21 PM
NealSpanier
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2016

People, Skyvector's information is not entirely accurate so please act accordingly. Most of the things he has said are the "hopes" or the "wishes" of Envoy Management and not necessarily based in fact or reality. This tells me that he is either a management lackey or is being used by one.

The notes on the EMB145/140's are paid off and fuel prices are still relatively cheap. AAG wants all of the AAG-owned EMB145's and EMB140's flying, which includes the 50ish EMB140's stored in SJT. But can Envoy staff them? Not currently. What does that mean? Who knows. Envoy Management wants Envoy to fly these airplanes....but if they cannot staff them will AAG find another airline to do the flying? Again, questions we do not know the answers to currently.

The Compass 20 E-175's that are AAG owned are on contract through late 2019. Envoy Management (again, I emphasize Envoy Management) wants those aircraft at Envoy. Will that happen? Again, that is up to AAG and there is still plenty of time for them to make or change any decision on the matter.

Envoy Management has told the Association (as recently as last week) that an MIA domicile will not happen. Also, Envoy Management is no longer interested in the Satellite Domicile LOAs that were negotiated over the course of 2015 and 2016. They want something entirely new and is being negotiated currently.

We have not been told to expect any specific domiciles that would be considered to be opened. Envoy Management does want the ability to open/close any future domicile's more easily than the current contract dictates, hence the reason they are negotiating. Envoy Management wants the Company to be more flexible and that means they want to more easily open smaller domiciles when AAG tells them to jump. They also want the ability to close that domicile just as easily since they do not know how long they will be operating feed out of that domicile. Neither PHX, nor PHL, nor LAX are being discussed at this time as possibilities on the horizon.

Again, anyone who throws information around and claims it to be fact or claims to be "in the know" like Skyvector does should be ashamed of themselves. If you have any questions or doubts, contact your local union representative.

Skyvector - you know my email address. Send me an email if you want to clear this up. Thanks.

Neal Spanier
DFW Captain Representative