View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 05:53 PM
FlyyGuyy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2014

Originally Posted by Turbosina View Post
Better QOL? Better pay? Maybe at Netjets, but anyone with just 1,500 hours is likely to wind up at a shady 135 op where each airplane has more deferrals than seats. Or the places that pay you essentially nothing to 'build jet time' in the right seat of a clapped-out Lear 24 (God help us) but won't pay for your type rating, or...Oh man, I could go on and on. One outfit near me operates C-525s and puts guys in the right seat without even an SIC type, since it 'looks better' to the pax. But the aircraft is SP certified, so the poor loser in the right seat is really a flight attendant, pooper scooper, and general peon, and can't log any of the time.

For every great 135 op, there are 10 like the ones above. I earned my first ticket back in 1990 and have spent most of my life in GA, and believe me... The bottom-most regional is light years better than most 135 ops when it comes to pay and QOL.
Can't agree more. Flying into icing with no anti-ice is always a good reminder why I left 135 and NEVER looked back.