Thread: Envoy
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 07:30 PM
Purpleanga
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by DollaBillz View Post
That's why I said "as a general rule." Of course there are exceptions to the rule, but the rule is that older guys have more commitments and can't move as easily as young guys can. I think it's a perfectly fair system. Sure, a young guy might have to move and that might suck a little bit, but pretty much every person I know from college has had to move for their job.

It could be worse. I could have been hired at Eagle in the '90's when the market was saturated with pilots, suffered through 9/11, high oil prices, and the worst recession in 80 years, all while flying schitty turboprops on food stamp wages and getting re-assigned bases 4 times. I try never to complain in the cockpit because it's likely that the guy in the left seat did suffer through all that stuff, meanwhile I've basically hit the jackpot. And at Envoy, it's likely that the old guy in the class has already gone through all that stuff as an Eagle pilot and is coming back because the market is better. So with all that being taken into account, yeah, I'm ok with letting the old guy get dibs.
You're ok because you're 26. You're just happy to be a pilot in a airliner. Not everyone has your circumstance. Or in general...