Old 04-26-2017, 08:45 AM
Bluedriver
The REAL Bluedriver

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Airbus Capt

Originally Posted by CaptCoolHand View Post
I agree.

I understood that just like we convert 320-321 the CEO's would be NEO, just add $X to the bottom line and add motors. Regardless of what's on the delivery sheet, we just deferred 13 321NEOs. IMO.

I agree especially on the mx side of things the trend is downward. However they're in the midst of a major overhaul in how we operate mx. It's bordering on insanity how much is manually tracked and worked from an administrative standpoint. CS has much of the same issues. the program is in development but we're still using age old tech. I can't recall the name of the new program that's supposed to come out in late 18' or 19'... but it is there and should do away with the crewtrac/flica as we know it.

I think the lack of upgrades was also tied to the "fleet review". Once complete and they set the 3 yr plan in motion (which I wasn't given) we'll see things start to happen...

FWIW, the DO says wide bodies are coming, and in the same 24hr period our CFO says not gonna happen. Lip service likely. I know they can't divulge such info until it's inked and filed.

At some point running hot will burn us bad. On all fronts, not just the pilots. currently there's not even a 190 spare. We're hanging on by a thread. again JMO
Ok, not directed at you, but I will be "anxiously"-"optimistic" when something is in writing and not just lip service. In my nearly 6 years here the only thing that has been any more than lip service is near industry worst compensation and benefits, as well as aircraft deferrals, they were in writing.