Old 04-26-2017, 10:26 AM
atrdriver
Not A Janitor

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
I'm sorry I am not going to start every post and say JetBlue is bad bad bad. Anyone can see the payrates the retirement numbers and the airplane orders. They can also read posts by you and some others that clearly talk about it.
You make some good points in that post.

I will say yes, anyone can see the (lagging) payrates and the (depressing) retirement numbers and the (deferred) airplane orders.

But what a prospective applicant can't find out from the APC airline profile and from the documents out in the public domain is the day-to-day reality of this place. The 10-hour 3-days. The numerous day sleeps in crappy hotels. The crappy hotels in general (I know of one particular regional that has better hotels/locations across the board), staying across from the BUF airport for 30 hours (unpaid) with nothing but a McDonalds within walking distance. The realities of reserve here. The impossibility of getting awarded a summer vacation week until your 10th(?) year on property. The fact that the company doesn't actually give you 13% in your 401(k) due to the profit sharing cliff. Etc etc etc. The list goes on.

This is stuff you don't find out until you're on line even if you do your due diligence (as I did). So forgive me for banging on these items because I wish I had been aware of the "gotchas" before I came here.