Old 04-26-2017, 02:01 PM
atrdriver
Not A Janitor

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by pilotpayne View Post
Dude where have you been we have been doing nothing but growing FLL how fast do you want it to grow. Since I have been here we have done nothing but grow Boston as well. We tried to buy VA(a huge change from the old JetBlue) it just didn't work. As far as Cuba SWA just asked for more fights as well so are they also wrong?
I am not going to argue the west coast or middle of the country stuff but some of the stuff they have been doing is has worked out.
And yet for "all this growth," guys on the bus are still sitting reserve for at least a year in the most junior base. Meanwhile, four months seniority is reserve at Delta... in the left seat.

While we defer airplane orders and cut back on maintaining our present fleet, we are missing out on opportunities to develop our network beyond the northeast to Florida and the Caribbean/Latin America. Soon those opportunities will vanish and the music will remain stopped here. I certainly hope I'm wrong, but on the current trajectory I see no other outcome.

Hopefully management makes some positive announcements this summer, otherwise I have zero confidence in their ability to grow this airline. You and I are dependent on growth for our careers, while our peers can rocket up their seniority lists thanks to retirements, making 30-40% more... even if their airline halts growth or even pulls back a bit. Not hyperbole. Real talk.